Children 6 weeks through Preschool
The philosophy of the Early Care and Education Program is to encourage the maximum development of each child in spirit, mind, and body by providing positive experiences that foster self-esteem and enhance social, emotional, cognitive, and physical and moral development. The YMCA cooperates with the Centre County Local Management Agency/Child Care Information Services to help make child care affordable for all families.
The Bellefonte Branch offers a certified program Monday through Friday from 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM. The Y recognizes that the early years are for learning and discovery through play. Creative curriculum assists your child in developing language, perception, problem-solving, memory, fine motor skills, and large motor skills. The character development values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility are shared and encouraged daily. Centers include language/literacy, science, construction, dramatic play, sensory, manipulative, art, and indoor/outdoor play.
Program hours: 6:30am – 6:00pm
The general curriculum includes:
- Swimming & Gymnastics lessons (Preschool)
- Music and dance
- Large and small motor skill development
- Creative dramatics
- Art experiences
- Science and discovery
- Language and Literacy
- Experiential Learning
- Small and large group activities
- A nutritious breakfast, lunch, and snack are served daily
- Youth Membership included (ages 3 and up)
|INFANTS||DAILY RATE||5 DAYS|
|Part Time (less than 5 hrs)||n/a||n/a|
|YOUNG TODDLERS||DAILY RATE||5 DAYS|
|Part Time (less than 5 hrs)||$39.00||$175.00|
|TODDLERS||DAILY RATE||5 DAYS|
|Part Time (less than 5 hrs)||$38.00||$170.00|
|PRESCHOOL||DAILY RATE||5 DAYS|
|Part Time (less than 5 hrs)||$35.00||$155.00|
As a service to our Infant through Preschool parents, we offer 5 credit days per school year. Credit days may be used when children are absent from the program. Families receiving financial assistance, sibling discounts or employee benefits will not be eligible for credit days. Infant through Preschool families receiving CCIS funding will receive 5 credit days per family not per child. All credit days must be used in one year.
Families with more than one child enrolled will receive a 10% fee reduction on the oldest child enrolled.
FEES AND PAYMENTS
All contracted days in the agreement must be paid whether or not the child attends. This is necessary in order to maintain a high quality program at the lowest possible cost. Fees and Payment policy are as follows.
- Payments must be made by the Friday prior to care. Payments are to be made at the YMCA Member Service Desk or at one of the off site programs. MasterCard and Visa is accepted at the YMCA only.
- Delinquent payments of more than 2 weeks may result in the termination of care.
- A $2.00 per day late fee will be charged for late payments.
- A $5.00 fee will be charged when a school age child is sent without a lunch.
- A $1.00 per minute fee will be charged if a child is picked up after 6:00pm.
The YMCA of Centre County, in accordance with applicable Federal and State Civil Rights Laws and regulatory requirements, provide equal opportunity for program services to all persons regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, creed, or disability. Enrollment policies are as follows.
- Preference is given to children requiring full time care.
- All necessary paperwork and parent orientation must be completed before starting care.
- A two-week probation period is given to all parents. During this time the agreement may be broken if there are any problems that can’t be resolved.
Youth Memberships are now included in your child care fees for all children 3 years old and above. If you wish to purchase a family membership, please see the YMCA Membership Service Desk.
- Families with more than one child enrolled will receive a 10% discount on the oldest child enrolled.
- Awarded Star 4 from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Keystone Stars Program.
- Hours of Operation Monday through Friday 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM.
- The YMCA cooperates with the Centre County Local Management Agency / Child Care Information Services to help make child care affordable for all families. Contact Heather for details.
Heather Heckman, Early Care & Education Director
The Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, Office of Child Development and Early Learning, provides both Resource & Referral Services and Financial Assistance to qualified households through the Child Care Works program. Child Care Works is administered in every county in the Commonwealth through Child Care Information Services (CCIS) offices. To locate a CCIS office that serves your county, visithttp://www.dpw.state.pa.us/findfacilsandlocs/childcareinformationservices/
For information on the subsidized child day care program and financial assistance for child day care costs, click here: http://www.dpw.state.pa.us/forchildren/childcareearlylearning/childcareworkssubsidizedchildcareprogram/index.htm
To apply for subsidized child day care services, click here:https://www.compass.state.pa.us/compass.web/CMHOM.aspx or contact your local CCIS office.