The philosophy behind our Day Camp Program is to provide a safe and nurturing environment. We offer activities designed to enhance the physical, social, educational, and moral well-being of children in our area, while stressing the value of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility in all activities. Overall, we want children to simply have FUN and develop lasting friendships.
All registrations must be done in person at the YMCA.
All registrations must be done in person at the YMCA. Parents are strongly encouraged to pick up and complete a registration packet prior to registering. Session balance must be paid by the first day of each week to the sessions attending.
A THREE WEEK NOTICE OF CANCELLATION MUST BE GIVEN TO RECEIVE CREDIT. Please note that the cancellation schedule is included in the parent handbook.
FIVE THRU TWELVE YEAR OLDS
Activities will include arts & crafts, science projects, group games, fitness programs, weekly field trips, and guest speakers!
HOURS: 6:00 am – 6:00 pm
June 6th thru August 26th
|5 & 6 Years Old||$100||$85/week|
|7-8-9 Years Old||$100||$85/week|
|10-11-12 Years Old||$100||$85/week|
2016 Field Trips
|Week #||Dates||Field Trip|
|1||May 30-June 3||No Field Trip|
|2||June 13-June 17||Kepler Pool|
|3||June 20-June 24||Millbrook Marsh / Meyers Dairy|
|4||June 27-July 1||Black Moshannon State Park|
|5||July 4-July 8||Splash Day|
|6||July 11-July 15||Historic Sites / Heritage Days|
|7||July 18-July 22||Clearfield Community Pool|
|8||July 25-July 29||Splash Day at Altoona Curve Game|
|9||Aug 1-Aug 5||Black Moshannon State Park|
|10||Aug 8-Aug 12||Delgrosso’s Amusement Park|
|11||Aug 15-Aug 19||EMS Day / Bowling|
All Trips are Subject to Change
SPECIAL ADDITIONS / NOTES
- All campers going on field trip MUST wear camp t-shirt.
- Lunch and snacks will be provided by the YMCA.
- Families in need of financial assistance are asked to apply for the Open Doors program by February 7 in order to register February 24.
- No phone or online registration.
- YMCA Information Forms must be completed at the time of registration.
- Completed health appraisal forms must be completed and on file at the YMCA by June 3rd, 2016.
- Our goals are to provide parents with a safe and convenient place for their children and to provide campers with supervised activities with their peers that are enjoyable and stimulating.
Through our programs we encourage each child to develop:
- A sense of belonging.
- The capacity to trust people and feel secure with others away from home.
- A sensitivity to others and enjoyment of people.
- A lively curiosity about the world.
- Autonomy and independence.
- A positive sense of oneself and a sense of control over one’s behavior.
- An ability to get along with others.
- Physical skills of locomotion and coordination.
- Responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respect for the feelings of others.
- Honesty as the best policy.
- A Caring nature toward others.