SUNDAY, JANUARY 29@ 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Indoor Triathlon Event:
- 10 Minute 25 yard pool swim
- 10 Minute Schwinn Indoor Cycle Ride
- 10 Minute Precor Treadmill Run
- Scoring will be done ‘Decathlon Style’. The best total distance for each event, will count as 1,000 points. All the other finishing distances will be a percentage of those points that match the % of the distance that you attain compared to that top distance.
- Example- You swim 12 laps and best distance is 17 laps in ten minutes. 12 laps / 17 laps is = to 70.1% of 17 laps. 70.1% X 1,000 points is = to 710 points. This will be done for each of your
- Example- You bike 5.12 miles. Best distance is 6.21 miles. 5.12 / 6.21 = to 80.0% of that best bike distance. 80.0 % X 1,000 points = 800 points is what you’ll earn towards the total points added up at the end.
**PLEASE NOTE: When registering and ‘Not a YMCA Member’:
After choosing to register now, select ‘I don’t have an account but would like to create one.’
This does not make you a YMCA member but creates a profile.
Under ‘Membership Options’ select State College Branch.
Finally under ‘Membership’ select Non-Member Participant & complete profile then registration for event.
Join the YMCA this January and get your spring fitness jump started!
What’s this race like?
Come join us on Sunday morning, January 29th and try out this new winter twist. While the weather outside may be a little bit frightful, inside the Y, the pool is a nice 80 degrees. Start the event with a 10 minute indoor 25 yard pool swim. After a 4 minute transition period, jump on one of our Schwinn Indoor Cycles (w/ computer) beside the pool and spin your heart out for another 10 minutes. Immediately following your ride, you’ll have another 3-4 minutes for T2 to head over to the fitness center where you’ll hop on one of our Precor treadmills and finish with a 10 minute run. We’ll add up your distances from each event to come up with your total distance to rank among all the other competitors.
- YMCA doors open at 7am.
- Heat 1 starts at 8am (instructions at 7:45pm)
- Address is 677 West Whitehall Road, State College, Pa 16801
- Lots of parking (unless during pickleball hours) (inside joke)
- Snacks from Gemelli’s bakery after race. Thanks Tony!
- Several bikes will be made available to demo off to the side. Be prepared to set your bike up within 4 minutes after the swim.
- Awards? Are super healthy snacks from the candy isle.
- Top 1 -10 year increments for ladies and gents.
- Top 3 overall ladies and gents (yes this is for m&m’s so you better race hard)
- Locker Rooms Available
- Bring your own towel and other personal items
2016 RESULTS (GOOGLEDOC)