LEARN, GROW, THRIVE
As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job: we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community.
At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation’s most pressing social issues while also taking care of yourself: regularly scheduled employees enjoy complimentary facility usage and other program benefits. The YMCA is a great place to work, gain experience in your field of interest, meet new friends, and strengthen your community. Apply today to join our team and our cause.
Annex Fitness Center Attendant
The Bellefonte Branch of the YMCA of Centre County is currently seeking Fitness Attendants to work in the Annex Fitness Center. Staff are needed to fill a variety of shifts throughout the day (both weekdays and weekends). This part-time position includes the responsibility of assisting members with equipment, checking in members and non-members, and doing some program registrations. Previous experience in customer service and/or fitness is preferred. Successful candidates will be required to obtain or provide copies of current PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse, and FBI Fingerprint clearances. Inquiries, resumes, and cover letters should be directed to Wellness Director Annie Dombrowski at [email protected] or by calling the branch at 814-355-5551.
The Bellefonte Branch of the YMCA of Centre County is currently seeking a motivated, energetic Fitness Instructor to teach an evening aerobics or spin class.
- Provide instruction and maintain safety during each fitness class, continuously coaching participants and providing them with appropriate techniques
- Create an encouraging and exciting atmosphere, motivating participants to reach their fitness goals
- Clean up after class, including putting away all equipment and informing the Wellness Director when equipment needs maintenance
- Must be 18 years of age
- Fitness experience preferred
- Ability to obtain copies of PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse, and FBI Fingerprint clearances
Interested candidates may contact Annie Dombrowski at [email protected] or call the branch at 814-355-5551.
Member Service Representatives
The Bellefonte Branch of the YMCA of Centre County is currently seeking friendly and reliable Member Service Representatives to fill weekend and evening shifts. Successful candidates will be required to submit copies of PA Criminal, Child Abuse History, and FBI clearances. Inquiries and resumes should be directed to Annie Dombrowski at [email protected]. Or you can call the branch at 814-355-5551 for more information.
The Bellefonte branch is currently seeking courteous, professional, and punctual lifeguards for weekday and weekend shifts. Starting rate of pay is $9.00 per hour. Requirements include a current lifeguard certification. Successful candidates will also be required to obtain PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse History, and FBI Clearances. Interested candidates can submit their resumes to the Steve Greecher, Aquatic & Youth Programs Director – [email protected]
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of the YMCA to comply with all existing statutes, regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, as they relate to all employees and applicants for employment. The YMCA is committed to:
- Ensuring that recruiting, hiring and training for all job classifications are done without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.
- Ensuring that promotion decisions further the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Analyzing personnel actions periodically to promote Equal Employment Opportunity.