LEARN, GROW, THRIVE
As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job: we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community.
At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation’s most pressing social issues while also taking care of yourself: regularly scheduled employees enjoy complimentary facility usage and other program benefits. The YMCA is a great place to work, gain experience in your field of interest, meet new friends, and strengthen your community. Apply today to join our team and our cause.
Child Care Staff – Summer
YMCA of Centre County is currently seeking part-time Summer Child Care Staff. Start dates for summer programs are yet to be determined, but we’ll communicate with successful hires as soon as we have this information. Working hours vary Monday through Friday from 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM. Benefits include usage of all YMCA of Centre County facilities, additional paid planning time, and opportunities for professional development. Starting rate of pay varies from $9.00 to $10.15 per hour depending on experience.
- Minimum of 15 credit hours in the human services field OR 2 years of documented experience working with children in a group setting
- Ability to obtain PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse, and FBI History clearances
Please send inquiries, resumes, and cover letters to Liz Toukonen at [email protected] or call 814-422-6000 for more information.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of the YMCA to comply with all existing statutes, regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, as they relate to all employees and applicants for employment. The YMCA is committed to:
- Ensuring that recruiting, hiring and training for all job classifications are done without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.
- Ensuring that promotion decisions further the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Analyzing personnel actions periodically to promote Equal Employment Opportunity.