LEARN, GROW, THRIVE
As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job: we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community.
At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation’s most pressing social issues while also taking care of yourself: regularly scheduled employees enjoy complimentary facility usage and other program benefits. The YMCA is a great place to work, gain experience in your field of interest, meet new friends, and strengthen your community. Apply today to join our team and our cause.
Summer Child Care Staff
Gain valuable experience in the child care/human services field and make a difference in the lives of local kids by working in the Y’s Child Care and Summer Camp Programs! YMCA of Centre County’s Penns Valley branch is seeking energetic, dependable individuals to fill part-time child care positions. Hours will vary between 20 to 35 hours per week this Summer. Prospective hires should have availability to fill shifts between the hours of 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM on weekdays – NO WEEKENDS REQUIRED! Benefits include a FREE membership to all YMCA of Centre County facilities, additional paid planning time, and opportunities for professional development.
- Interact and participate in games, activities, and special programs with children in a positive and enthusiastic manner
- Assist in daily communication with all parents
- Understand and reinforce positive discipline methods, which include redirection, positive reinforcement, and proactive guidance
Starting rate of pay varies from $9.00 to $10.84 per hour depending on experience and college credits. Please send inquiries, resumes, and cover letters to Liz Toukonen at [email protected] or call 814-422-6000 for more information.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of the YMCA to comply with all existing statutes, regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, as they relate to all employees and applicants for employment. The YMCA is committed to:
- Ensuring that recruiting, hiring and training for all job classifications are done without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.
- Ensuring that promotion decisions further the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Analyzing personnel actions periodically to promote Equal Employment Opportunity.