LEARN, GROW, THRIVE
As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job: we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community.
At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation’s most pressing social issues while also taking care of yourself: regularly scheduled employees enjoy complimentary facility usage and other program benefits. The YMCA is a great place to work, gain experience in your field of interest, meet new friends, and strengthen your community. Apply today to join our team and our cause.
YMCA of Centre County’s State College branch is currently accepting applications for a full-time Wellness Coordinator. The weekly schedule for this position is Monday – Friday from 11 AM to 7 PM, and candidates should be willing/able to fill weekend shifts as needed.
- 35 hours of direct service work per week, which includes working in the fitness center, personal training, and group instruction.
- 5 hours of administrative work per week, including developing new programming and assisting the Wellness Director with the following administrative duties: training/onboarding part-time staff and maintaining certifications/paperwork required for wellness department employees
- Bachelor’s degree in kinesiology, recreation, or a related field.
- Personal training certification preferred but will consider candidates with experience working with clients one-on-one and/or in a group setting.
- Experience instructing group exercise classes preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated customer service and communication skills.
- This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a base pay rate of $10 per hour when performing administrative duties and overseeing the fitness center and $16 per hour for personal training sessions.
- In addition to the salary, YMCA of Centre County offers a competitive benefits package including employer paid health insurance, retirement, and paid time off.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (two professional, one personal) to HR Director Elizabeth Chapman at [email protected]. Successful candidates will be required to obtain current copies of PA Criminal, Child Abuse History, and FBI clearances.
The State College branch is currently seeking courteous, professional, and punctual lifeguards for weekday and weekend shifts. Starting rate of pay is $9.00 per hour. Requirements include a current lifeguard certification, which can be obtained through a YMCA of Centre County Lifeguard certification class. Those who complete a training in-house for the purpose of serving as a YMCA of Centre County Lifeguard will receive a full reimbursement for the cost of the certification. Successful candidates will also be required to obtain PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse History, and FBI Clearances. For more information or to apply, contact Ray Carroll, Aquatics Director at [email protected]
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of the YMCA to comply with all existing statutes, regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, as they relate to all employees and applicants for employment. The YMCA is committed to:
- Ensuring that recruiting, hiring and training for all job classifications are done without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.
- Ensuring that promotion decisions further the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Analyzing personnel actions periodically to promote Equal Employment Opportunity.