LEARN, GROW, THRIVE
As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job: we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community.
At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation’s most pressing social issues while also taking care of yourself: regularly scheduled employees enjoy complimentary facility usage and other program benefits. The YMCA is a great place to work, gain experience in your field of interest, meet new friends, and strengthen your community. Apply today to join our team and our cause.
YMCA of Centre County’s State College Branch is currently seeking a motivated, energetic Yoga Instructor to teach a senior yoga classes mornings, weeknights, and some weekends. Anticipated start date is early 2021. Starting rate of pay is $20 per class. Successful candidates will be required to obtain PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse History, and FBI Clearances. For more information or to apply, contact Jake Schiffer at [email protected] or 814-237-7717.
The State College branch of the YMCA of Centre County is seeking a full-time Lifeguard Supervisor to fill a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends.
Main duties include:
- Providing lifeguard service while on duty
- Supervision of lifeguards, instructors, and program staff during shifts
- Enforcing facility schedule and rules with positive member interaction to provide superior customer service
- Assisting with facility maintenance
- Earning Pesticide Application Technician status within 90 days of hire to assure pool chemicals are managed in a safe, legal manner
- Must have current certification in Lifeguarding, CPR, first aid, and AED from either American Red Cross or YMCA of the USA
- Oxygen administration and Lifeguard Instructor certification preferred
- At least one year of customer service experience
- Ability to obtain PA Criminal Record, PA Child Abuse History, FBI Clearances prior to first day of work
Interested candidates can submit their resumes to the Aquatics Director, Ray Carroll at [email protected] or call the branch at 814-237-7717 for more information.
As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job: we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. It is the policy of the YMCA to comply with all existing statutes, regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, as they relate to all employees and applicants for employment.
Assistant Swim Team Coaches
The State College branch of the YMCA of Centre County has openings for Assistant Swim Team Coaches. Coaches will be needed to fill a variety of shifts throughout the week and some weekends.
- Assist the Head Swim Team Coach in developing and organizing practices.
- Plan, attend, and direct swim practices as scheduled.
- Attend swim meets and assist in coordinating entry information to meet all deadlines.
- Aquatic experience as a competitive swimmer or aquatic instructor.
- Some competitive coaching experience preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of competitive aquatics.
- Ability to obtain PA Criminal, Child Abuse History, and FBI Fingerprint clearances.
Inquiries, resumes, and cover letters should be directed to Ray Carroll at [email protected].
The State College branch is currently seeking courteous, professional, and punctual lifeguards for weekday and weekend shifts. Starting rate of pay is $9.00 per hour. Requirements include a current lifeguard certification, which can be obtained through a YMCA of Centre County Lifeguard certification class. Those who complete a training in-house for the purpose of serving as a YMCA of Centre County Lifeguard will receive a full reimbursement for the cost of the certification. Successful candidates will also be required to obtain PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse History, and FBI Clearances. For more information or to apply, contact Ray Carroll, Aquatics Director at [email protected]
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of the YMCA to comply with all existing statutes, regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, as they relate to all employees and applicants for employment. The YMCA is committed to:
- Ensuring that recruiting, hiring and training for all job classifications are done without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.
- Ensuring that promotion decisions further the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Analyzing personnel actions periodically to promote Equal Employment Opportunity.