LEARN, GROW, THRIVE
As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job: we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community.
At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation’s most pressing social issues while also taking care of yourself: regularly scheduled employees enjoy complimentary facility usage and other program benefits. The YMCA is a great place to work, gain experience in your field of interest, meet new friends, and strengthen your community. Apply today to join our team and our cause.
The State College branch of the YMCA of Centre County is seeking a full-time Lifeguard Supervisor for evenings and weekend shifts. The pay is hourly for approximately 40 hours per week.
Main duties include:
- Providing lifeguard service while on duty
- Supervision of lifeguards, instructors, and program staff during shifts
- Enforcing facility schedule and rules with positive member interaction to provide superior customer service
- Assisting with facility maintenance
- Earning Pesticide Application Technician status within 90 days of hire to assure pool chemicals are managed in a safe, legal manner
- Must have current certification in Lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid, and AED from either American Red Cross or YMCA of the USA
- Oxygen Administration and Lifeguard Instructor certifications preferred
- At least one year of customer service experience
- Ability to obtain PA Criminal Record, PA Child Abuse History, FBI Clearances prior to first day of work
Interested candidates can submit their resumes to the Aquatics Director, Ray Carroll, at [email protected] or call the branch at 814-237-7717 for more information.
Fitness Staff / Personal Trainers
YMCA of Centre County’s State College branch is currently seeking Fitness Center Staff / Personal Trainers to monitor the fitness center during evening / closing shifts. Hours will be from 6:00 PM to 10:30 PM during the week for approximately 15-20 hours per week. A Personal Training Certification or current enrollment in a Personal Training Certification course are required. Successful candidates will also be required to obtain current copies of PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse History, and FBI Fingerprint clearances. For more information or to apply, contact Jake Schiffer at [email protected] or 814-237-7717.
Child Watch Staff
The State College Branch of the YMCA of Centre County has openings for part-time, friendly and reliable child watch staff. Child Watch is a child care service offered to family members while they workout or participate in wellness programming. Staff are needed to fill shifts Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM. Successful candidates over the age of 18 will be required to obtain or provide copies of current PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse, and FBI Fingerprint clearances. Inquiries, resumes, and cover letters should be directed to Kayla Schubert at [email protected] or 814-237-7717.
Assistant Swim Team Coaches
The State College branch of the YMCA of Centre County has openings for Assistant Swim Team Coaches for the fall swimming season. Coaches will be needed for evening, weekday practices and will be required to work weekend shifts as necessary. Inquiries, resumes, and cover letters should be directed to Lindsey Phelps, Head Swim Team Coach at [email protected] or 814-237-7717.
The State College branch is currently seeking courteous, professional, and punctual lifeguards for weekday and weekend shifts. Starting rate of pay is $9.00 per hour. Requirements include a current lifeguard certification, which can be obtained through a YMCA of Centre County Lifeguard certification class. Those who complete a training in-house for the purpose of serving as a YMCA of Centre County Lifeguard will receive a full reimbursement for the cost of the certification. Successful candidates will also be required to obtain PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse History, and FBI Clearances. For more information or to apply, contact Ray Carroll, Aquatics Director at [email protected]
Member Service Representatives
The State College Branch of the YMCA of Centre County has openings for part-time, friendly and reliable Member Service Representatives. Previous experience in a customer service setting is preferred but not required. Successful candidates will be required to obtain or provide copies of current PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse, and FBI Fingerprint clearances. Inquiries, resumes, and cover letters should be directed to Cindy Lupton at [email protected] or 814-237-7717.
Swim Lesson Instructors
The State College branch is currently seeking courteous and professional Swim Lesson Instructors to fill a variety of shifts. A standard knowledge of swimming technique is required and previous experience teaching swimming lessons is helpful. Successful candidates will also be required to obtain PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse History, and FBI Clearances. For more information or to apply, contact Ray Carroll, Aquatics Director at [email protected]
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of the YMCA to comply with all existing statutes, regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, as they relate to all employees and applicants for employment. The YMCA is committed to:
- Ensuring that recruiting, hiring and training for all job classifications are done without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.
- Ensuring that promotion decisions further the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Analyzing personnel actions periodically to promote Equal Employment Opportunity.