LEARN, GROW, THRIVE
As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job: we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community.
At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation’s most pressing social issues while also taking care of yourself: regularly scheduled employees enjoy complimentary facility usage and other program benefits. The YMCA is a great place to work, gain experience in your field of interest, meet new friends, and strengthen your community. Apply today to join our team and our cause.
Child Care Staff
YMCA of Centre County’s State College Branch is accepting applications for part-time Summer Camp Staff. Potential candidates must possess a high school diploma plus 2 years of experience working with children OR a minimum of 15 credit hours in a Human Service field. Staff are needed to fill shifts on Monday-Friday for a total of 30-40 hours per week. The anticipated start date for the position will be June 7. Benefits include usage of all YMCA of Centre County facilities. Starting rate of pay varies depending on experience.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and inquiries to Kayla Schubert at [email protected].
Member Service Representatives
The State College Branch of the YMCA of Centre County is currently seeking friendly and reliable Member Service Representatives to fill a variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends, and early mornings. Successful candidates will be required to submit copies of PA Criminal, Child Abuse History, and FBI clearances. Inquiries and resumes should be directed to Cindy Lupton at [email protected]. Or you can call the branch at 814-237-7717 for more information.
Swim Lesson Instructors
YMCA of Centre County’s State College Branch has openings for energetic, motivated Swim Instructors to teach both private and group swim lessons. A variety of shifts are available throughout the week.
- Instruct and lead group and individual swim lessons
- Assess class participant’s abilities and provide alternate instruction as necessary
- Assist in the upkeep and maintenance of equipment
- Identify unsafe techniques and correct participants as necessary
- Knowledge of swimming strokes and technique
- Previous experience teaching swim lessons may be helpful, but it is not required
- Ability to obtain PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse, and FBI Fingerprint clearances
Please send inquiries, resumes, and cover letters to Lori Lange, Aquatics Coordinator, at [email protected] or call 814-237-7717 for more information.
The State College branch is currently seeking courteous, professional, and punctual lifeguards for weekday and weekend shifts. Starting rate of pay is $9.00 per hour. Requirements include a current lifeguard certification, which can be obtained through a YMCA of Centre County Lifeguard certification class. Those who complete a training in-house for the purpose of serving as a YMCA of Centre County Lifeguard will receive a full reimbursement for the cost of the certification. Successful candidates will also be required to obtain PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse History, and FBI Clearances. For more information or to apply, contact Ray Carroll, Aquatics Director at [email protected]
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of the YMCA to comply with all existing statutes, regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, as they relate to all employees and applicants for employment. The YMCA is committed to:
- Ensuring that recruiting, hiring and training for all job classifications are done without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.
- Ensuring that promotion decisions further the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Analyzing personnel actions periodically to promote Equal Employment Opportunity.