LEARN, GROW, THRIVE
As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job: we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community.
At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation’s most pressing social issues while also taking care of yourself: regularly scheduled employees enjoy complimentary facility usage and other program benefits. The YMCA is a great place to work, gain experience in your field of interest, meet new friends, and strengthen your community. Apply today to join our team and our cause.
Fitness Center Staff
YMCA of Centre County’s State College Branch is currently seeking Fitness Center Staff. This part-time position includes the responsibility of assisting members with equipment, cleaning equipment, and conducting personal training sessions as needed and if qualified. Previous experience in customer service and/or fitness is necessary. Candidates should have availability to fill shifts on weekends and weekday evenings. Successful candidates will be required to obtain or provide copies of current PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse, and FBI Fingerprint clearances. Inquiries, resumes, and cover letters should be directed to Wellness Director Jake Schiffer at [email protected].
YMCA of Centre County’s State College branch is currently seeking personal trainers with weekend and evening availability to conduct training sessions. Personal training experience/certificate is required. Successful candidates will also be required to obtain copies of current PA Criminal, Child Abuse History, and FBI clearances. Rate of pay for personal training is $12 per hour and additional hours can be picked up in the fitness center (cleaning machines, assisting members with fitness equipment, etc.). Inquiries, resumes, and cover letters should be directed to Jake Schiffer at [email protected] or you can call the branch at 814-237-7717 for more information.
The State College branch is currently seeking courteous, professional, and punctual lifeguards for weekday and weekend shifts. Starting rate of pay is $9.00 per hour. Requirements include a current lifeguard certification, which can be obtained through a YMCA of Centre County Lifeguard certification class. Those who complete a training in-house for the purpose of serving as a YMCA of Centre County Lifeguard will receive a full reimbursement for the cost of the certification. Successful candidates will also be required to obtain PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse History, and FBI Clearances. For more information or to apply, contact Ray Carroll, Aquatics Director at [email protected]
Child Care Staff
YMCA of Centre County’s State College Branch is accepting applications for part-time Summer Camp Staff. Potential candidates must possess a high school diploma plus 2 years of experience working with children OR a minimum of 15 credit hours in a Human Service field. Staff are needed to fill shifts on Monday-Friday for a total of 30-40 hours per week. Benefits include usage of all YMCA of Centre County facilities. Starting rate of pay varies depending on experience.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and inquiries to Kayla Schubert at [email protected].
Head Swim Team Coach
YMCA of Centre County’s State College Branch is seeing an experienced, full-time Head Swim Team Coach to lead a team of 150+ swimmers. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and supervising practices for swimmers of varying levels, hiring and training assistant coaches, maintaining team records and reports, collaborating regularly with the parent committee, and other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years of aquatic experience as a competitive swimmer or aquatic instructor.
- 5 years of competitive coaching experience.
- Working knowledge of competitive aquatics.
- Successful program development and management experience.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to positively lead, communicate, inspire, and motivate swimmers of all ages.
- Current Lifeguard certification is preferred.
- Familiarity with Y-USA swim lesson curriculum is helpful.
- Previous experience with the Hy-Tek software and Team Unify website platform is helpful.
- USA Swimming Coach and YMCA Swim Coach certifications are preferred.
Salary range for this position is $15.86 to $17.78 per hour depending on experience. In addition to the salary, YMCA of Centre County offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes generous paid time off, paid holidays, employer funded retirement plan, and employer paid health insurance for the employee.
Resumes should be directed to Ray Carroll, Aquatics Director, at [email protected]. The deadline to apply is July 30.
Indoor Cycling Instructor
The YMCA of Centre County’s State College Branch is currently seeking Indoor Cycling Instructors to teach classes. Shifts are flexible based on availability. Cycling instructor certification and/or prior experience preferred. Successful candidates will be required to obtain PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse History and FBI Clearances as well as maintain current CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications. Interested individuals can submit their resumes to Josh Cone at [email protected].
Swim Lesson Instructors
YMCA of Centre County’s State College Branch has openings for energetic, motivated Swim Instructors to teach both private and group swim lessons. A variety of shifts are available throughout the week.
- Instruct and lead group and individual swim lessons
- Assess class participant’s abilities and provide alternate instruction as necessary
- Assist in the upkeep and maintenance of equipment
- Identify unsafe techniques and correct participants as necessary
- Knowledge of swimming strokes and technique
- Previous experience teaching swim lessons may be helpful, but it is not required
- Ability to obtain PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse, and FBI Fingerprint clearances
Please send inquiries, resumes, and cover letters to Lori Lange, Aquatics Coordinator, at [email protected] or call 814-237-7717 for more information.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of the YMCA to comply with all existing statutes, regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, as they relate to all employees and applicants for employment. The YMCA is committed to:
- Ensuring that recruiting, hiring and training for all job classifications are done without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.
- Ensuring that promotion decisions further the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Analyzing personnel actions periodically to promote Equal Employment Opportunity.