The Bake With Love Project, started by State College Area High School Junior Madeline Krentzman, strives to fight food insecurity in Centre County through its partnership with our Anti-Hunger Program. Proceeds from the sale of these cookbooks will benefit our efforts to combat food insecurity within the communities we serve. If you’d like to purchase a cookbook or learn more, visit https://www.bakewithlove.org/.
FRIDAYS, SUMMER 2021
Ages 9 and up
The YMCA will provide staff guided Kayaking tours to various points along Spring Creek and Bald Eagle Lake. All tours are supervised by at least 2 certified Red Cross Lifeguards. Drop off at the YMCA by 9am. All participants will be transported and returned. Pick up by 3pm at the YMCA.
Pack a lunch!
For more information, contact [email protected]
The services the Y provides to local kids and families are needed now more than ever. At the start of COVID-19, we knew we needed to quickly find innovative ways to support our community. We have organized the following services to meet the critical needs of our neighbors during this challenging time.
- Food For Those in Need: Many local families are facing food insecurity at an increased rate due to financial strain caused by COVID-19. Our Anti-Hunger Program has distributed over 1.4 MILLION pounds of food to members of our community since March 2020, and we will continue to distribute more to ensure that no one in our community is ever forced to go hungry.
- Provided, and continue to provide, child care services for essential workers and resources for the children in our care to effectively engage in remote learning when necessary.
- Virtual Health and Wellness Resources: Group exercise classes are currently being offered in-person at all four of our locations, but you can also join us for virtual classes with your favorite Y instructors. To access online classes, click here.
- Health and Safety Procedures to Minimize COVID-19 Risk: For those who wish to visit us in-person, we’ve developed a number of safety procedures and policies to ensure everyone who enters our facilities feels safe.
Please continue to follow all suggested measures to keep yourselves safe and healthy. If you would like to offer additional support, donations are being accepted. You can learn more by clicking here.
School Age 6 and up Jazz Dance Lessons: 5:30-6:30
Our old “YMCA of Centre County” app is no longer available for download as it is not compatible with many newer mobile devices. To continue to provide you with the features available through this platform, we’re switching to a new app called “Daxko,” which features an upgraded interface but remains free to download.
Download the NEW App:
Follow these steps to download the new app for free on your mobile device.
- If you’re viewing this from a mobile device, click on the button below to download the app.
- If you’re viewing this from a desktop, visit the app store on your mobile phone and search “Daxko.” Download the first app that appears in the search. The app’s icon should look like the “Daxko” logo at the bottom of this page.
- Once you’ve downloaded the app, it may automatically pull up our association’s information. If not, you’ll be prompted to search for your Y. In the search bar, be sure to type in “YMCA of Centre County.”
Mobile App Features:
If you haven’t used our mobile app before, now’s a great time to get started! When using the mobile app, you’ll have access to many exciting features that enhance your Y experience. Through the app, you can:
- View facility schedules and hours of operation
- Subscribe to alerts and receive notifications as soon as a class or program is cancelled
- Save your Y membership key tag to your phone to make checking in at the front desk even easier
- Register for upcoming programs right from your phone
If you have any questions or need assistance downloading the app, please email [email protected]