Child Watch is not currently being offered at the Bellefonte YMCA.
Bellefonte Branch Policies
- If there are no children in Child Watch 45 minutes prior to closing, we will begin our clean-up and close early.
- Children must be signed in and out by their parent/guardian. Children will only be released to the parent who signed the child in unless permission is given by the parent before they leave and proper identification is shown.
- It is mandatory that all parents must sign in their child(ren) every time they are in our care. If you do not sign-in, your child(ren) will not be allowed to stay in our Child Watch department.
- Please complete one of our information forms for each child. This will be kept on file for future reference. A new form should be completed every 6 months or as your child’s needs change.
- Please do not bring your child(ren) if they are ill. This includes persistent coughing and/or a green yellow nasal discharge.
- Due to allergies, do not bring any peanut products into the Child Watch room.
- Due to the limited number of children that can be in the Child Watch at one time, we ask that you please observe the one hour time limit. If you need additional time such as 15 to 30 minutes maximum, please check-in with the staff to see if they are able to accommodate the additional time.
- If you bring children that are not yours, their parents must be members and we will need a signed note from the parent acknowledging that it is okay for their children to be at the YMCA’s Child Watch.
- Inclement weather policies: if the Bellefonte Area School District has the following schedule changes due to inclement weather, the child watch program’s hours will be adjusted accordingly:
Two hour delay: AM Child Watch Closed
Early Dismissal: Evening Child Watch Closed
School Closes: AM Child Watch Closed, Call (814) 355-5551 for PM Child Watch availability
If all YMCA programs/classes are cancelled due to inclement weather, Child Watch will be closed also. Please refer to our Bellefonte Inclement Weather Policy for more information.
Matthew Johns, Membership and Wellness Director