For ages 6 months – 12 years
Child watch is a free service for our members with a family membership, while using the facility. Child Watch is a place for children to interact with others in a non-structured environment with the supervision of YMCA staff. There are toys, books, and a television for children’s enjoyment during time spent in Child Watch. Please be aware that some days and times are busier than others and that it is the parent’s decision to leave a child in the room at that busy time. Child Watch is offered on a first come, first served basis with a staff to child ration of 1 to 10. Parent must remain in the facility.
Ages 6 months up to 1 year: 1 Hour Time Limit
Ages 1 year and up: 2 Hour Time Limit
M-Th: 5:30PM – 8:15PM
*Hours are subject to change: please check at the front desk when you come in.
- Daily Time Limits: Age 6 months to 1 year: 1 hour Age 1 to 12 years of age: 2 hours
- Child Watch is a non-structure babysitting service for children ages 6 months to 12 years.
- If there are no children in Child Watch 30 minutes prior to closing we will begin our clean-up and close early.
- Children must be signed in and out by their parent/guardian. Children will only be released to the parent who signed the child in unless permission is given by the parent before they leave and proper identification is shown.
- It is mandatory that all parents must sign in your child(ren) every time your child is in our care. If you do not sign-in your child will not be allowed to stay in our Child Watch department.
- Please complete one of our information forms for each child. This will be kept on file for future reference. A new form should be completed every 6 months or as your child’s needs change.
- Please do not bring you child(ren) if they are ill. This includes persistent coughing and/or a green yellow nasal discharge.
- Due to allergies, do not bring any peanut products into the Child Watch room.
- Due to the limited number of children that can be in the Child Watch at one time we ask that you please observe the time limits. If you need additional time such as 15 to 30 minutes maximum please check-in with the staff to see if they are able to accommodate the additional time.
- If you bring children that are not yours, their parents must be members and we will need a signed note from the parent acknowledging that it is okay for their children to be at the YMCA’s Child Watch.
- Staff are not permitted to change diapers. Should the need arise; you will be contacted to return to the Child Watch room.
- Food & drinks are not provided. If you wish to bring items for your child, please be sure it is in a sealed container with the child’s name clearly identified.
Katie Meersand, Child Care Director