Summer Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Hours During School Year: Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM & Monday to Thursday 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- Limited spaces are available. You may be required to wait for a space to open up before you drop off your child.
- You may be asked to limit your child’s time in the Child Watch room to 1 hour depending on how many children are utilizing this service during your visit.
- If your child is feeling sick or experiencing flu-like symptoms, they will not be permitted to use this service.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
For Ages 2 Months & Up
Ages 2 Months to 1 Year – 1 Hour Limit
Ages 1 Year to Kindergarten – 2 Hour Limit
Please note the following:
**There will be NO Saturday Child Watch on Penn State home football game days.
**There will be NO Child Watch when State College School District has in-service days.
**There will be No AM or PM Child Watch when the State College School District has snow days.
**SCASD 2-hour delays follow normal hours.
Please contact the Y with any questions or concerns: 814-237-7717
State College Branch Child Watch Policies
- Babysitting will be provided for designated periods while parents or guardians are participating in YMCA programs or activities. Time limits are 1 hour for children aged 2 months to one year, and 2 hours for children one to kindergarten.
- Parents or guardians must be in the building the entire time the child is in the babysitting room.
- Babysitting staff are not responsible for changing of diapers. Diapers changed by parents or guardians must be taken home for disposal.
- Parents will be contacted if their child becomes upset or distraught.
- Children must be signed in upon arrival and signed out when departing. The times of arrival and of departure should be noted on the arrival/departure roster. If someone other than a parent signing the child(ren) in is to pick up the child(ren), it must be authorized in writing when signing in. All paperwork must be completed for new Child Watch families during their first visit.
- Parents are asked to promptly pick up children, unless child is in excessive distress. If the parent chooses to stay longer, they must fill out a volunteer packet at the front desk, and go through proper training and obtain clearances with the YMCA.
- Clothing and children’s bags should be tagged for identification. All personal items (bottles, food containers, sippy cups etc.) and toys should be clearly marked with the child’s name, The YMCA is not responsible for broken, stolen, or lost items.
- Childcare staff are not responsible for any food or bottle preparation for any child. Please pack snacks of appropriate age level for your child. Child Watch is not responsible for providing snack.
- Children MUST be either State College Branch members or YMCA of Centre County members. This includes family memberships. Please inquire at front desk about our Child Watch/Membership policy.