Welcome to the State College YMCA pickleball page.
State College YMCA Pickleball is on Facebook! (Pickleball FB Link Here)
Upcoming Large Group Pickleball Lessons:
- Winter Lessons (Indoors)
- Beginner Clinic - March 19th @ 11am (Register Here)
- Intermediate Level 2 Clinic - April 2 @ 9:15am (Register Here)
- Intermediate Level 1 Clinic - April 16 @ 9:15am (Register Here)
- Please note that there are no refunds after 72 hours prior to clinic date.
Intermediate Level 1, Improve Your Slow Game
- warm-up by playing the Bridge Game
- get-to-the-line game & part II
- practice lob with practice defense
- 3rd shot drop, backhand only
- slowing up the slam/blocking
- practice game with feedback
Intermediate Level 2, Improve Your Fast Game
- warm-up game: Make the Banger’s Pay
- reaction drill
- lob, drop or drive exercise
- full court ground stroke with partner
- angled ground strokes, 2 players, 1 hits straight ahead, the other diagonally
- attack and block exercise
Upcoming Small Group (3-4ppl) Pickleball Lessons:
- Intermediate Level - Monday, March 20 - 2-3pm
- Beginner Level - Monday, April 3 - 2-3pm
- Intermediate Level - Monday, April 17 - 2-3pm
Note: All small group lessons are taught in the Small Gym and sign-ups are in-person at the State College YMCA. Small group lessons are for members only.
Indoor YMCA Court Schedule
*Schedule subject to change due to weather in-service days or other facility programs.
**Please follow the below schedule.
***Participants must set-up and take down pickleball nets.
Weekly Pickleball Indoor Schedule
- Gym B: 7:00am - 7:30am
- Gym A & B: 7:30am - 8:45am
- Gym B: 8:45am - 9:45am
- Gym A & B: 1:00pm - 3:30pm
- Gym A Only from 10:00am-11:30am
- Gym A & B: 8:00am - 9:45am
- Gym B: 9:45am - 10:00am
- Gym A & B: 1:00pm - 3:30pm
- Gym B: 8:00am-10:00am (*Reservation Time- See below)
- Small Gym: 3:00pm-5:45pm (*Reservation Time - See below)
- Gym A & B: 9am-12pm
Pickleball Outdoor Court Schedule
- Weekdays – 6:30am – 8:00pm
- Saturday – 8:00am – 8:00pm
- Sunday – 8:00am – 8:00pm
- Sunday: please check-in when facility opens.
- Please note that restrooms and inside water fountains will be unavailable when facility is closed.
- Pickleball Court Guidelines
- Stop at front desk to check-in prior to playing on outdoor pickleball courts to receive wristband for play. Wrist band MUST be worn and displayed while using courts.
- Advanced and intermediate level players currently have reserved courts every day for play. (see the posted schedule at the courts or on the YMCA website)
- Beginner level play have reserved times on Monday & Wednesday evenings. (see the posted schedule at the courts or on the YMCA website)
- During open play, when players are waiting, players are expected to rotate off the court.
- Schedule subject to change at YMCA's discretion.
- Beginner Pick-up - Monday & Wednesdays (2 courts) 5:30pm-7:30pm
RESERVE YOUR COURT!! -- Reserve your court for your group inside or outside. (State College Pickleball Reservation).
- Sign-up at the link provided above. Simple and easy to use.
- Sign-up up to 1 week prior to date.
- 90-120 minute blocks per reservation.
- Please email Josh with any questions.
Please note the following:
- During SCASD Inservice Days (also snow days), PM Pickleball location and schedule may change.
- The YMCA may change the pickleball schedule for other YMCA programs or special activities at anytime during the year.
- Indoor pickleball may only be played during the reserved times listed below. Non-reserved play times are not permitted indoors.
- NOTE BEGINNERS: Instruction can be done any weekday, not weekends.
- Drop-in to join open pickleball reserved times is $10 per visit.
The YMCA provides nets, paddles & balls. Whenever purchasing personal supplies, check out PickleballCentral.com and use our club code of CRSTATE to get a 5% discount. Contact number is (888)854-0163.
Thank you ProLite & Pickleball Central for letting us demo your new ProLite Chrome paddle.
ProLite Chrome paddle review By: Bo
The Pro Lite Chrome has the tear drop shape and I was pleased how easily I adjusted to the different shape. Very responsive when blocking shots, dinking and great pop for overhead smashes. Control and placement improved with the Pro Lite Chrome when playing very competitive matches. Two of my fellow players used the paddle during our weekly shootouts and both players had the same positive reaction to this paddle. Both players felt the sweet spot was easy to locate and unforced errors were cut down significantly. Overall I would give this paddle a five star rating. Ideal for players looking for a mid weight paddle for power play while not sacrificing the short game.
Questions? Contact Josh at [email protected].