Welcome to the State College YMCA Pickleball Page!
State College YMCA Pickleball is on Facebook! (Click Here)
What Level Player Am I? Please see the Self Ratings Scale (Pickleball Self-Ratings)
Tournaments: (Save the dates)
- Fall Fiesta – October 9
Upcoming Pickleball Lessons:
- Beginner – Monday, July 11 from 5:30-7pm (Outside) – Registration Link
- Intermediate – Monday, July 26 from 6-7:30pm (Outside) – Registration Link
- Beginner – Monday, August 1 from 6-7:30pm (Outside) – Registration Link
- Wednesdays @ 5:30pm – Outside Only (2 Courts)
Teen Pickleball Camp:
- Youth/Teen Camp – Registration Link
- July 11,12, and 14
- 10-13 years old
- Learn the rules and how to play pickleball with Coach Bo and Drew.
Winter Indoor YMCA Court Schedule
*There may be changes due to school in-service or weather
**When indoors, the following schedule is to be followed for pickleball. Thank you for your understanding.
Weekly Pickleball Indoor Schedule
- Gym A & B: 6:30am – 8:00am
- Gym B: 8:00am – 9:45am
- Gym A & B: 1:00pm – 3:30pm
- Gym A Only from 10:00am-11:30am
- Gym A & B: 9:00am – 9:45am
- Gym B: 8:00am – 10:00am
- Gym A & B: 1:00pm – 3:30pm
- Gym B: 8:00am-10:00am
- Small Gym: 1:30pm-4:00pm (except for home swim meet weekends)
- Gym A: 10:15am – 2:15pm
SAVE YOUR WEEKEND SPOT!! — Reserve your spot on weekends indoors – Click here
- Sign-up at the link provided above. Simple and easy to use.
- Sign-up up to 1 week prior to date.
- 2 hour blocks per reservation.
- As of November 12, only weekend reservations are required.
- Please email Josh with any questions.
Pickleball Outdoor Court Schedule
- Weekdays – 6:30am – 8:00pm
- Saturday – 8:00am – 8:00pm
- Sunday – 8:00am – 8:00pm
- Sunday: please check-in when facility opens.
- Please note that restrooms and inside water fountains will be unavailable when facility is closed.
- Membership is required to play in YMCA courts.
- Upon check-in, players will receive a stamp on wrist to display that they have checked in.
- Note: Every M/W/F from 6-8 pm 3 courts will be available to new players. Most nights all 5 will be available, but for now the 3 courts closest to Waupelani Drive are reserved.
- Every Wednesday 5:30-7:30 courts 4 and 5 are reserved for Newer Players – beginners and advanced beginners
- Upcoming Dates to be aware of w/ limited court space:
- June 20-thru 24th Kids Camp 9-11 AM – 4 courts
- June 21st Church Group Clinic 7-8:30 PM – 4 courts
- June 25th Beginner tournament 8AM – 1 PM – all courts
- July 11th Beginner Clinic 5-7 PM – all courts
- September 24 = 4-6pm – 4 courts
- During SCASD In-service days (and snow days), PM Pickleball location and schedule may change.
- The YMCA may change the pickleball schedule for other YMCA programs or special activities at anytime during the year.
- Indoor pickleball may only be played during the reserved times listed below. Non-reserved play times are not permitted indoors.
- NOTE BEGINNERS: Instruction can be done any weekday, not weekends.
- Drop-in to join open pickleball reserved times is $10 per visit.
The YMCA provides nets, paddles & balls. Whenever purchasing personal supplies, check out PickleballCentral.com and use our club code of CRSTATE to get a 5% discount. Contact number is (888)854-0163.
Thank you ProLite & Pickleball Central for letting us demo your new ProLite Chrome paddle.
The Pro Lite Chrome has the tear drop shape and I was pleased how easily I adjusted to the different shape. Very responsive when blocking shots, dinking and great pop for overhead smashes. Control and placement improved with the Pro Lite Chrome when playing very competitive matches. Two of my fellow players used the paddle during our weekly shootouts and both players had the same positive reaction to this paddle. Both players felt the sweet spot was easy to locate and unforced errors were cut down significantly. Overall I would give this paddle a five star rating. Ideal for players looking for a mid weight paddle for power play while not sacrificing the short game.
Questions? Contact Josh at [email protected].