STATE COLLEGE BRANCH SUMMER CAMPS
Paperwork and registration information for 2023 will not be available until January/February 2023. Please check back for additional information. Prices listed below are subject to change.
Please read carefully so you are able to complete the registration process easily
RETURNING CAMPERS– Families whose child(ren) have participated in the State College Branch Summer Day Camp before are welcome to begin registering in February. IN PERSON REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Please stop at the front desk and they will register you and take care of all fees.
NEW FAMILIES– If your child has never attended the State College Branch Summer Day Camp before, you will be required to meet with the Childcare Director to register for camp and process fees. This allows us to answer any questions, get to know families, and thoroughly go over all policies and procedures.
Parents are strongly encouraged to pick up and complete a registration packet prior to coming in to the YMCA for registration. Forms are available at the Member Service Desk and will not be sent via email. All campers are required to be YMCA members at the time of registration – the front desk will take care of this process during registration. All campers must have a completed health appraisal form on file by their first day of camp. A non-refundable deposit of $30.00 per week is required for registration. Session balance must be paid by the Monday ONE WEEK PRIOR to the sessions attending. Child(ren) not paid for will not be able to attend that week. A THREE WEEK NOTICE OF CANCELLATION MUST BE GIVEN TO RECEIVE CREDIT. Please note that the cancellation schedule is included in the parent handbook.
|Explorers||Group 1: 5-6 year olds|
Group 2: 7-8 year olds
|Trailblazers||9-12 year olds||$195|
*Price is for regular hours only (9am to 4pm). Attendance during any time of EXTENDED HOURS (7:30am to 5:30pm) is an additional $30 per week/ per child.
*July 4th prices Explorers 1 & 2 $140, Trailblazers $156
Activities include: swimming, sports, music, clubs, arts and crafts, outdoor play, and guest speakers. Trailblazers will go on an additional field trip each Friday.
Regular Hours: 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
Extended Hours: 7:30 AM-5:30 PM
LEADERS-IN-TRAINING (LIT) PROGRAM
Youth who are 13 and older can apply to be a LIT with the summer day camp. LITs assist camp counselors with all aspects of day camp. The program teaches counseling techniques, group dynamics, camp programming, and leadership skills.
COUNSELORS-IN-TRAINING (CIT) PROGRAM
Teens that have been a LIT at the State College Branch for 2 years have the option of applying to be a CIT. CITs assist in the supervision of LITs in addition to performing LIT duties.
How to become a CIT/LIT:
- All LITs/ CITs must complete an information packet
- Parent/Guardian and Teen MUST attend a mandatory training
- First Aid and CPR Certifications Required (American Red Cross)
- Mandated Reporter Training
- All requirements must be completed before receiving assigned weeks
- Schedule will be based on number of applicants and availability. Not all weeks are guaranteed
- All camps attend the field trip days.
- All field trips are on Wednesdays unless otherwise noted and are subject to change if necessary
- Campers attending extended morning care will be offered breakfast (7:45 AM – 8:15 AM)
- Explorers and Trailblazers will be provided lunch daily, excluding field trip days
- Trailblazers have an additional local field trip every Friday
Families in need of financial assistance are asked to apply for the Open Doors program 3 weeks prior to registering for any camps.
Registration begins in February – stay tuned for updates. Applications are available at the YMCA only. NO phone or online registration.
Parents must stay for the entire registration. We do not take drop offs. Any paperwork dropped off will go to the bottom of the registration pile.
A non-refundable deposit of $30 per week must accompany each session registration.
All campers must be YMCA members while participating in camp registration will be set up during registration.
YMCA information forms must be completed at the time of registration.
Completed health appraisal forms must be completed and on file at the YMCA by the child’s first week of camp.
Our goals are to provide working parents with a safe and convenient place for their children and to provide campers with supervised activities with their peers that are enjoyable and stimulating.
Through our programs we encourage each child to develop:
- A sense of belonging.
- The capacity to trust people and feel secure with others away from home.
- A sensitivity to others and enjoyment of people.
- A lively curiosity about the world.
- Autonomy and independence.
- A positive sense of oneself and a sense of control over one’s own behavior.
- An ability to get along with others.
- Physical skills of locomotion and coordination.
- Responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respect for the feelings of others.
- Honesty as the best policy.
- A Caring nature toward others