The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access. In addition, the YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, has ever been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs, or is presently or habitually under the influence of dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages.
Members and guests are encouraged to take responsibility for their personal comfort and safety by asking any person whose
behavior threatens their comfort to refrain from such behavior. Anyone who feels uncomfortable in confronting a person directly should report the behavior to a staff member on duty. YMCA staff members are eager to be of assistance. Members and guests should not hesitate to notify a staff member if assistance is needed. In order to be able to carry out these policies, we ask that members and guests identify themselves to staff when asked.
- Suspension or termination of YMCA membership privileges may result from a determination by the CEO if in his/her discretion a violation of the YMCA Member’s Code of Conduct has occurred.
- Membership cards remain the property of the YMCA and must be surrendered upon demand of the YMCA.
- All fees paid for membership including Joining Fees are non-refundable.
- The YMCA also has my permission to photograph or tape myself, spouse, and child(ren) while participating in YMCA activities.
MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
The YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, all individuals are asked to act appropriately at all times when in our facility or participating in our programs. We expect persons using the YMCA to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Member’s Code of Conduct outlines prohibited behavior, but the actions listed below are not an all-inclusive list of behaviors considered inappropriate in our facilities or programs:
- Using or possessing alcohol or illegal chemicals on YMCA property
- Smoking in the YMCA facility
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon
- Use of cell phones in the YMCA’s shower and locker room areas
- Use of any video/picture taking equipment, including camera phones, in YMCA’s shower rooms, locker rooms, and fitness center area
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive or threatening way
- Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior: any sexual contact with another person
- Inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property
- Loitering within or on the grounds of the YMCA
In addition, the YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs, or is presently or habitually under the influence of dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages.
If a member or guest feels uncomfortable, they should report the behavior to a staff immediately. In order to carry out these policies, we ask that members and guests identify themselves when asked. The Executive Director will investigate all reported incidents. Suspension or termination of YMCA membership privileges may result if, in his or her discretion, a violation of the Code Conduct has occurred.
Facility Age Use Guidelines
The following rules are designed to ensure the safety of all members:
- Children ages 10 and under are only allowed in our YMCA facilities while under the supervision of a parent
or guardian or registered and participating in a YMCA program
- The hours of operation vary from branch to branch – check with the Member Services desk, our website
or our mobile app for details
- Members ages 11-14 may use fitness centers under the direct supervision of a parent/guardian
- Parents of the opposite sex children over 5 years old must use the Family Changing room.
Contact a YMCA staff person immediately if there is an accident, injury or unusual incident. We are here to assist you. Please be advised that you are participating in all activities at your own risk and are fully responsible for yourself, your children and your guests.
Lost and Found
The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen property. However, we do keep lost and found items whenever possible. Please check with the Member Services desk for the location.
Your suggestions and concerns are always welcome. Please feel free to contact any of our staff to ask questions as well as make suggestions. A suggestion box is located at each facility. If you have a specific concern which has not been resolved by our membership service staff, you should ask to speak to the Executive Director.
YMCA facilities and grounds are smoke-free environments.
Cell Phones & Other Electronics
The use of cell phones will not be permitted in the YMCA locker rooms and changing areas. We ask that you put all electronics and cameras away while in changing areas at all YMCA of Centre County facilities. This policy follows current trends and recommendations from YMCA of the USA.
Individuals with Special Needs
The YMCA provides opportunities for people with physical and mental disabilities to participate in our programs. Please contact the YMCA about any accommodations needed for participation.
Appropriate shirts, shorts and footwear is required during exercise in all workout facilities. In the swimming pool, proper swimming suits are required. Cut-offs and gym shorts are not permitted in the pool.
Members should bring their own towels.