Centre County Adults Trained in Stewards of Children To Date
Stewards of Children is a prevention training program that teaches adults how to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. The program is designed for organizations that serve youth and for individuals concerned about the safety of children. It is the only nationally distributed, evidence based program proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes, and change child protective behaviors. Stewards of Children is a two hour workshop to emphasize child safety as an adult’s responsibility. Each participant will be inspired to take personal responsibility in preventing this epidemic.
Committed to Protecting Our Community
We're committed to creating a protective environment for children in Centre County, so we're covering the entire cost of this training for participants. If you'd like to make a contribution to help us continue to protect our community, please click on the button below.
Join us for these virtual training sessions hosted via Zoom.
- Tuesday, June 16th from 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Monday, July 6th from 6pm-8pm
- Tuesday, July 14th from 6pm-8pm
- Tuesday, August 18th from 5:30pm-7:30pm
Use the code VIRTUAL10 to ensure your training is free.
This training is available to anyone whether they are directly working with children or not. We want Centre County to be the safest environment for our children, today and tomorrow.
Resources For Responding to Child Abuse:
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults
- The signs of sexual abuse so that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly
Outcomes You Can Expect:
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse
- New skills to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan
- Darkness to Light's Stewards of Children training features real accounts from sexual abuse survivors. If you have any questions or concerns about taking the training for this reason, please don't hesitate to contact Jamie SanFilippo.
For more information, contact:
Director of Community Outreach
For more information about Darkness to Light: http://www.darkness2light.org