DONORS: CLICK HERE TO GIVE NOW
CAMPAIGNERS: CLICK HERE TO CREATE A FUNDRAISING PAGE
Giving Fosters Well-Being, Feeds Families, Fuels Fun Adventures
“With an Open Doors subsidized membership for a family, a bag of food from the Anti-Hunger Program, childcare for working families, and more, the YMCA of Centre County does something EVERY DAY to make the lives of our families, friends, and neighbors better. In my work as a nurse practitioner, I see people every day with needs that go unmet, needs that block their ability to be as physically and mentally healthy as they want to be. I also know that I can call the Y anytime to ask for help – and get it. No questions asked. Whether it’s a bag of food or the chance to develop a new program focusing on helping people learn how to cook and eat healthier the response from the Y is always, “Yes – how can we help?”. Unconditional support for our community – that’s what the YMCA of Centre County GIVES. Unconditional support from me, and I hope from you, that’s what the YMCA of Centre County deserves; and I hope this year from all of us, RECEIVES. – Susan Trainor, YMCA of Centre County 2023 Annual Giving Campaign Chair
- The Open Doors Program helps ensure well-being for all in your community. Funded by donors like you, Open Doors ensures no one is turned away from the Y due to an inability to pay by providing financial assistance with membership and program fees. When you give to the Y, you “open doors” to wellness programming, swim lessons, youth sports, camps, child care, and other services for kids, adults, and families with a demonstrated need who otherwise could not participate.
- With the current costs of food, utilities, and other basic needs, the Anti-Hunger Program is more active than ever, with many members of your community facing food insecurity. The Y provides weekend food through the Backpack Program to over 1,000 kids throughout the school year and hosts many monthly public food distributions. In 2022, the Y began a new partnership with CenClear to grow produce and host educational nutrition and sustainability programs at their Morgan Run Farm. When you give to the Y, you are expanding food security, sustainability, and well-being in your community.
- The Y provides many opportunities for Youth Development. Last year, 570 kids had a safe, enriching experience in YMCA child care programs. While kids are having fun, parents have peace of mind as they work to provide for their families. Your gift to the Y keeps youth programs affordable for all.
- 8,015 local adults have been trained in Stewards of Children child sexual abuse prevention program. Both in-person and virtual community trainings will be held in 2023, in partnership with Centre County Youth Service Bureau and Penn State Child Maltreatment Solutions Network. Your support keeps these trainings free for the community and helps keep kids safe.
- The Y is committed to fostering well-being by hosting at least 100 Community-Building Events in 2023 to foster well-being and fun! When you give to the Y, you are helping your neighbors connect to each other and the community.
CHAIR’S ROUND TABLE DONORS
The Chair’s Round Table is comprised of individuals, families, businesses, and organizations that contribute $1,000 or more each year to the Y’s Annual Giving Campaign. When you give at this level, you are the foundation of support for the Y’s cause and mission.
PLEASE GIVE TODAY
When you give to YMCA of Centre County, your tax-deductible donation will help youth achieve their full potential, empower people of all ages to lead healthier lives, and strengthen the bonds of community.