DONORS: CLICK HERE TO GIVE NOW
CAMPAIGNERS: CLICK HERE TO CREATE A FUNDRAISING PAGE
Be a Champion for Your Y and Community!
Your Y is committed to meeting the community’s needs. In the past year, this meant being a trusted child care provider while parents were working, distributing food to those in need, hosting programs and events to bring people together in a safe environment, teaching adults proven strategies for protecting kids, and turning no one away due to inability to pay through the Open Doors Program. This is all made possible by generous donations given by people like you. Please give to your Y at www.ymcaocc.org or complete a 2022 pledge form. Your community thanks you!
Unconditional Commitment to the Community
“As a local healthcare provider, I am grateful to the Y’s Open Doors Program. Recently, a patient shared that the toll of being alone most of the time in the past year was more stressful than anything. She had no idea how to get back ‘out there’. Also having lost her job during the pandemic year, she did not have the resources to join a gym or group. When I told her about the Open Doors Program, she broke down crying. She has since shared that the Y has provided ‘a light at the end of the tunnel’. The unconditional commitment to the community that the YMCA shows every day is why I support the Y and hope you will too.” – Susan Trainor, YMCA of Centre County 2022 Annual Giving Campaign Chair
- While the pandemic has challenged the ability to offer some YMCA services, the Open Doors Program never goes away. Funded by donors like you, Open Doors ensures no one is turned away from the Y due to an inability to pay by providing financial assistance with membership and program fees. When you give to the Y, you “open doors” to wellness programming, swim lessons, youth sports, camps, child care, and other services for kids, adults, and families with a demonstrated need who otherwise could not participate.
- The Anti-Hunger Program is more active than ever, with many members of your community continuing to face food insecurity during the pandemic. The Y provides weekend food through the Backpack Program to nearly 1,000 kids throughout the school year and hosts many other food distributions monthly. When you give to the Y, you are promoting food security in your community.
- The Y provides many opportunities for Youth Development. Last year, 570 kids had a safe, enriching experience in YMCA child care programs. While kids are having fun, parents have peace of mind as they work to provide for their families. Your gift to the Y keeps youth programs affordable for all.
- 7,926 local adults have been trained in Stewards of Children child sexual abuse prevention program. Both in-person and virtual community trainings will be held in 2022, in partnership with Centre County Youth Service Bureau and Penn State Child Maltreatment Solutions Network. Your support keeps these trainings free for the community and helps keep kids safe.
- Many have struggled with isolation over the past year, so the Y has committed to hosting at least 48 Reconnection Events in 2022 to bring people together in a safe environment. When you give to the Y, you are helping your neighbors reconnect to each other and the community.
The Chair’s Round Table is comprised of individuals, families, businesses, and organizations that contribute $1,000 or more each year to the Y’s Annual Giving Campaign. When you give at this level, you are the foundation of support for the Y’s cause and mission.
When you give to YMCA of Centre County, your tax-deductible donation will help youth achieve their full potential, empower people of all ages to lead healthier lives, and strengthen the bonds of community.