It’s important to us to ensure that no one in our community goes hungry during these unprecedented times. Learn more about our food distribution efforts and support the cause today!
Make a Donation (Food or Monetary):
- Online: CLICK HERE
- Mail: YMCA of Centre County Development Office, 677 W Whitehall Road, State College, PA 16801.
- In-Person: Our four facilities will able to accept donations in-person during the day. Doors will likely be locked, but someone will be at the front desk to let you in.
Food Items Needed:
- Canned soups – tomato or chicken noodle
- Mac & Cheese family boxes
- Pasta: spaghetti or other types
- Spaghetti sauce (preferably in plastic jars or cans)
- Loaves of bread
- Nutrigrain Bars
- Jelly in a plastic bottle/jar
- Bottled water
- Quarts of milk
Items can be dropped off at our Bellefonte, Moshannon Valley, and State College branches between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday. Items can also be dropped off at the Penns Valley branch, but please email [email protected] in advance to schedule a drop-off time.
Drive-Through Bagged Meal Distribution for Kids:
In response to COVID-19, we’ve established 30 sites to distribute bagged meals for children. Each site is open Monday through Friday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM. Each child receives a lunch, an evening snack, and milk. The following is a list of sites currently distributing meals. This list is subject to change based on need.
Bald Eagle School District:
- Citizen’s Fire Company – Milesburg
- Pine Glen Fire Company
- Snow Shoe EMS Building
- Wingate Elementary School
Bellefonte School District:
- Beaver Farms Apartment Complex
- Bellefonte YMCA
- Continental Courts
- Governor’s Gate Apartments
- Pleasant Gap Elementary School
Moshannon Valley School District:
- Madera Fire Company
- Ramey Fire Company
- The Wreck Center – Houtzdale
Penns Valley School District:
- Don Wert Memorial Park – Aaronsburg
- Centre Hall Fire Company
- Miles Township Fire Company – Rebersburg
- Millheim Fire Company
Philipsburg-Osceola School District:
- Calvary United Methodist Church – West Decatur
- Columbia Fire Company – Osceola Mills
- Hope Fire Company – Philipsburg
- Osceola Mills Elementary School
- P.O. Middle School
- Moshannon Valley YMCA
- Wallaceton Fire Company
State College Area School District:
- Ashworth Woods – Boalsburg
- Limerock Terrace Complex
- Nittany Gardens Complex
- State College YMCA
West Branch Area School District:
- Grassflat Fire Company
- Morris Township Fire Company
- Windburne Fire Company
- West Branch School Building
We carry a limited supply of baby food for those who are in need. Please call 814-342-0889 for more information.
Weekend Meals for Kids:
Every Friday, when children pick up their bagged meals, they also receive a bag or box of food for the weekend. This is the same concept as our “Backpack Program,” which many children took advantage of while they were in school.
Mobile Feeding: Travelin’ Table and Local Restaurant Partnerships:
The Travelin’ Table, our mobile feeding bus, is on the road five days per week visiting our feeding sites to distribute food we are receiving through partnerships with several local restaurants. A different restaurant is supplying food each day. A second mobile unit, called Angel 1, is also helping distribute this food.
DUE TO A MECHANICAL ISSUE, THE TRAVELIN’ TABLE IS OFF THE ROAD FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE WEEK. WE ARE WORKING TO DEVELOP ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO TRANSPORT FOOD FROM LOCAL RESTAURANTS TO THE LOCATIONS IT WAS SCHEDULED TO VISIT (LISTED BELOW).
Mobile Feeding Schedule:
- Thursday, May 21: Travelin’ Table at Winburne Fire Company from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Friday, May 22: Travelin’ Table at Grassflat Fire Company from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
Restaurants Providing Food:
- Texas Roadhouse
- Jersey Mike’s Subs
- Snap Custom Pizza
- Brown Dog Catering
- Sowers Harvest Cafe
- Panera Bread
- Primanti Brothers
Soup Drive-Through Sites for Seniors and Veterans:
Several sites host soup drive-throughs on a weekly basis for seniors and veterans in need of food during this challenging time.
- Bald Eagle Valley Community United Methodist Church on Runville Road
- Every Monday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Trinity United Methodist Church on Front Street in Philipsburg
- Every Monday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM – organized by Philipsburg-Osceola teachers and staff
- Moshannon Valley YMCA
- Every Wednesday from 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Bellefonte YMCA – in municipal lot behind the building
- Every Wednesday from 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Progress Grange in Centre Hall
- Every Friday from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM
We currently have 3 family centers, which provide free boxes or bags of food to families in need of groceries during this challenging time.
Progress Grange Family Site:
- Providing bags of food for families and meals for seniors and veterans from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM on Fridays
- Located at 217 S Pennsylvania Avenue, Centre Hall, PA
Penn Highlands Family Site:
- Providing bags of food to families in need on Wednesdays and Fridays from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
- Located in the former Penn Highlands building next to the old Bi-Lo in Peebles Plaza in Philipsburg, PA.
DiamondBack Family Site:
- Providing bags of food for families in need on Wednesdays and Fridays from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
- Located in the Eureka Building at 703 Hannah Street in Houtzdale, PA.
Additional may be added. For more information, contact Mel Curtis at [email protected].
Large Food Distribution/Fresh Express Events:
Our Fresh Express program offers staple fresh foods, such as meats, fruits, and vegetables. Food is available to anyone, regardless of income or family size. No questions asked. The sites listed below will distribute food on a regular basis.
Occasionally, we may also offer larger food distributions at locations to be announced on our Facebook pages and this portion of our website.
Some start times are subject to change based on our food delivery truck’s schedule. For the most up-to-date information, please contact the Moshannon Valley Branch at 814-342-0889.
- Penn Highlands Family Center in Philipsburg: 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month beginning at approximately 11:00 AM
- Mountain Top Alliance Church in Snow Shoe: 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month beginning at 1:00 PM
- Bald Eagle Valley Community Church in Wingate: 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month beginning at 1:00 PM
Through several partnerships, we are able to provide meal delivery service to shut-ins and families that don’t have transportation to one of our sites. To receive this assistance, please contact Mel Curtis at [email protected] or 814-342-0889.
NEW! Frozen Meal Delivery
We will soon be delivering pre-baked frozen meals to shut-ins and families without transportation to one of our sites. These meals will consist of enough food for a family of four and can be adjusted for larger families. All meals will meet nutritional guidelines for children and adults.
Meals that are part of this service will be delivered to your home or a distribution site in your community. Please contact Mel Curtis at [email protected] or 814-342-0889 for more information.
If you would like to volunteer at any of our sites or warehouse, please email: [email protected]. In your message, please include the following information: Name, phone #, email address, the school district area that you are willing to volunteer in, and what type of volunteer work you are willing to do (transport food to sites, volunteer at sites, volunteer for packing, or volunteer to pick-up donation). We have received a tremendous response from our community, and we want to make sure we are responding to everyone. For safety reasons, volunteers will only be working in small groups and will be required to wear a mask.
If you or someone you know are struggling to put food on the table or if you are willing to provide support of any kind, please contact Mel Curtis at (814) 342-0889 or [email protected].
We’ll continue to provide updates regarding our Anti-Hunger initiatives as they become available. Thank you in advance for your support.