It’s important to us to ensure that no one in our community goes hungry during these unprecedented times. Learn more about our food distribution efforts and support the cause today!
Make a Donation (Food or Monetary):
- Online: https://www.ymcaofcentrecounty.org/support/donate/anti-hunger-programs/
- Mail: YMCA of Centre County Development Office, 677 W Whitehall Road, State College, PA 16801.
- In-Person: Our four facilities will able to accept donations in-person during the day. Doors will likely be locked, but someone will be at the front desk to let you in.
Food Items Needed:
- Canned soups – tomato or chicken noodle
- Mac & Cheese family boxes
- Pasta: spaghetti or rigatoni
- Cans of spaghetti sauce or plastic jars
- Loaves of bread
- Nutrigrain Bars
- Jelly in a plastic bottle
- Bottled water
- Quarts of milk
Items can be dropped off at our Bellefonte, Moshannon Valley, and State College branches between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday. Items can also be dropped off at the Penns Valley branch, but please email [email protected] in advance to schedule a drop-off time.
Bagged Food Sites (drive-through style) as of 3/24/20:
Each site is open from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM Monday through Friday for children ages 0-18. Children no longer need to be in the car with you to receive a bag of food and larger bags of food for families may be available at some high traffic sites.
- Philipsburg-Osceola School District
- Moshannon Valley YMCA
- Hope Fire Company Front St.
- P.O. Middle School
- Osceola Mills Elementary School
- Calvary United Methodist Church in West Decatur
- Columbia Fire Company Osceola Mills (on side street)
- Moshannon Valley School District
- The Wreck Center in Houtzdale
- Madera Fire Company
- Ramey Fire Company
- West Branch Area School District
- Morris Township Fire Company
- West Branch School
- Grassflat Fire Company
- Winburne Fire Company
- Bald Eagle School District
- Pine Glen Fire Company in Karthaus
- Snow Shoe EMS Building
- Wingate Eementary School
- Citizen’s Fire Company in Milesburg
- Bellefonte Area School District
- Bellefonte YMCA
- Logan Fire Company
- Beaver Farms Complex
- Pleasant Gap Fire Company
- Continental Courts
- Penns Valley Area School District
- Centre Hall Fire Company
- Miles Township Fire Company
- Millheim Fire Company
- State College Area School District
- State College YMCA
- Schlow Library (opening 3/30/2020)
Food Delivery and Weekend Bags:
- Some volunteers will be delivering bags to homes of those who do not have transportation to one of the sites. Please contact Mel Curtis at [email protected] for more information about this service.
- Weekend bags of food will be distributed on Fridays at food sites to ensure children have enough food to get through the weekend.
Soup Drive-Through Sites for Seniors and Veterans (Mondays):
- Bald Eagle Valley Community United Methodist Church
- Every Monday (beginning April 6) from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Trinity United Methodist Church
- Every Monday (beginning March 30) from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
Additional locations will be set up in the coming weeks.
If you would like to volunteer at any of our sites or warehouse, please email: antihungervolu[email protected] In your message, please include the following information: Name, phone #, email address, the school district area that you are willing to volunteer in, and what type of volunteer work you are willing to do (transport food to sites, volunteer at sites, volunteer for packing, or volunteer to pick-up donation). We have received a tremendous response from our community, and we want to make sure we are responding to everyone. For safety reasons, we will only be working in small groups.
It’s important to us to ensure that no one in our community goes hungry during these uncertain times. If you or another family in your community are struggling to put food on the table or if you are willing to provide support of any kind, please contact Mel Curtis at (814) 342-0889 or [email protected] as soon as possible.
We’ll continue to provide updates regarding our Anti-Hunger initiatives as they become available. Thank you in advance for your support.