All delayed openings, closings and early closings will be determined by Liz Toukonen
Please check the YMCA of Centre County mobile app, our website’s alerts page, or call the facility for information regarding schedule changes.
Child Care – Before and After School Program
When Penns Valley Area School District closes, delays opening, or dismisses early, the following program schedules will be followed:
- If the Penns Valley Area School District closes, all day care is provided for school age children enrolled in the Before and After School Programs at the Penns Valley YMCA from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm.
- If the Penns Valley Area School District has a delayed opening, the Before School Child Care Program will be offered at the Penns Valley YMCA at our normal start time, 6:30 am. The Penns Valley School District has agreed to pick the children up at their current stops, which are both within acceptable walking distance from the Y. Centre Hall children will be walked to the stop by the Old Gregg School and PVEI children will be walked to the stop at the corner of School and Railroad Streets. YMCA staff will wait with children until the buses pick them up. Therefore, when the schools have a 1, 2, or 3 hour delay, you will be able to drop your child off as early as 6:30 am and we will take them to their bus stop at the appropriate time. Additional fees may apply.
- If the Penns Valley Area School District dismisses early, care will be provided at the dismissal time until 3:00 pm. All children must be picked up by 3:00 pm.
All programs will run unless otherwise cancelled by the instructor or Wellness Director. If the weather is questionable, please call the YMCA (814-422-6000) before leaving for class.
If the Penns Valley Area School District has the following schedule changes due to inclement weather, the Child Watch Program’s hours will be adjusted as specified below.
- Two hour delay: AM Child Watch Closed
- Early Dismissal: PM Child Watch Closed
- Closed: No AM Child Watch. Call 814-422-6000 regarding PM Child Watch hours