Please check the ALERTS page on our website for the most up-to-date information regarding program cancellations due to weather.
If a class starts before 8:30 am, the class will be cancelled if the State College Area School district is closed; cancellation of classes starting before 3:00 pm will be posted by 8:00 am.
Cancellations of classes starting at 3:30 pm or later will be posted by 2:00 pm.
Information on cancellations of classes will be available only on our website or by contacting the front desk of the YMCA at 814-237-7717.
Child Care Programs
- SCASD MORNING DELAY:
- The Before School Program will NOT operate during 2 hour delays. The After School Program will operate as normal.
- AM and PM Child Watch will run as normal
- SCASD EARLY DISMISSAL:
- We will run a child care at the YMCA from when students are dismissed until 5:30 PM. Call the YMCA to inform us if your child will be coming to the YMCA. Please remember to inform your child’s school of your plans as well. It is very important that we know which children to expect so that a staff member can be there to meet the bus when it arrives. If weather should become unsafe for staff and children, you may be asked to pick up your child sooner.
- NO PM CHILD WATCH
- SCASD “After School Activities Cancelled”:
- This does NOT include the YMCA’s After School Program. The Y’s programs will run on their usual schedule until 6:00 PM. However, parents are encouraged to try to pick their children up by 5:30 PM.
- NO PM CHILD WATCH
- SCASD CLOSED:
- Call the YMCA (814-237-7717) to find out if there will be full-day child care available (hours may vary) reserved spaces must be called in by 9am (we will take only the first 20 children). The program will open at 8:00 AM and close at 5:30 PM. If the YMCA closes due to inclement weather, all YMCA programs, including child care, are cancelled for the day. We will reach you by phone to inform you if you need to pick up early.
- NO AM OR PM CHILD WATCH
- If SCASD closes, the SCAY Aqualions inclement weather policy is that a decision will be made by 2:00 PM that day. A notice will be placed on their website, aqualions.org, an email will be sent out to the team, and the front desk staff will be notified of any changes. If the decision is made to hold practices, parents should use their best judgment concerning road conditions.
YMCA Facility Closing Policy Due to Inclement Weather
To check on whether a decision has been made to open the facility late, not open at all, or to close the facility early:
- Check for a message on the YMCA’s answering machine
- Check for announcements on 95.3 WZWW/Cable Channel 4, WTAJ TV Channel 10, WFGE 101.1 FM, WBUS 93.7 FM, WRSC 1390 AM, WRSC 103.1 FM, WQWK 1450AM, and WMAJ 99.5 FM.
- Check the alerts page on our website: www.ymcaocc.org.
Note: There are NO makeup dates or credits issued for YMCA classes, programs, or games that are cancelled due to inclement weather