WHY THE Y?
The YMCA is a nonprofit health and human services organization committed to helping people grow in spirit, mind and body. Founded and supported by its community, the YMCA wants all of its programs and services to be accessible to everyone in the community regardless of age, background, ability, or income.
The Y is a cause for strengthening community. That’s why we’re here working with you every day, making sure that you, your family and community have the resources and support you need to learn, grow and thrive. With a focus on developing the potential of kids, improving individual health and wellbeing, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your membership will bring about meaningful change not just within yourself but in your community, too.
When you join the Y, you belong to more than just a place to work out:
- Parents find a safe, positive environment for children to learn good values, social skills and behaviors.
- Families come together to have fun and spend quality time with each other.
- Children and teens play, learn who they are and what they can achieve and are accepted.
- Adults connect with friends, pursue interests and learn how to live healthier.
- Communities thrive because neighbors support each other and give back.
- We all build relationships that further our sense of belonging and purpose.
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Be a member of something special.
The YMCA of Centre County participates in the YMCA of the USA’s National AWAY Program (Always Welcome at the YMCA). Our policy is to permit any member, in good standing of another YMCA, up to 12 visits per year. After 12 visits, the individual would nee to purchase a YMCA of Centre County membership; the joiner’s fee would be waived.