YMCA of Centre County is proud to present the comeback of the Kepler Sprint Triathlon. Join us as we support our local community in offering a new twist to your triathlon experience. Please note the safety protocols below for all participants, volunteers, and spectators. These will be adjusted as authorities deem necessary.
Date: Saturday, August 15, 2020
Where: Kepler Pool @ Governors Park, Bellefonte, PA 16823
Time: Event begins at 8:30 AM
Double Loop – Starts immediately following the last heat of singles
(Participants will race through the course 2 times. After you complete the run, you will swim and run through the course again.)
DL Individual Registration
Team Relay Captain Registration (Captain pays for team)
Team Relay Member Registration (Fill out waiver & questions)
**PLEASE NOTE: When registering and ‘Not a YMCA Member’:
After choosing to register now, select ‘I don’t have an account but would like to create one.’
This does not make you a YMCA member but creates a profile.
Under ‘Membership Options’ select State College Branch.
Finally under ‘Membership’ select Non-Member Participant & complete profile then registration for event.
A single loop will consist of a 200 yard pool swim followed immediately by a 6 mile out and back, rolling bike ride. Following the bike you will transition to a 2 mile out and back run.
200 YARD SWIM
6 MILE BIKE
2 MILE RUN
If you are participating in a DOUBLE, then after finishing the first loop, you will immediately transition from the run back into the pool for a second trip through the entire course.
400 YARD SWIM
12 MILE BIKE
4 MILE RUN
Participants will start the race in assigned heats that will be assigned the day of, according to your estimated swim time. In addition, a water station will be offered near the bike/run transition but not handed out. Signage and bright markers will line the course as well as volunteers will be located at critical turns and turn-around locations. Day of event sign-in and bag pick-up begins at Kepler Pool at 7 AM.
This course is fast and space is limited to 100 participants, sign-up today. Teens and NEW Triathletes are encouraged to participate! Come get your feet wet!
- 6 mile bike course (link)
- 1.86 mile run course (link) – Course will take you off road and down a nearby bike path.
- Please note the following safety measures for awards below.
- Top 1, 2, 3 overall male and female in both events.
- Age Groups- Coming soon!
Current CDC guidelines indicate the primary mode of transmission of COVID-19 is through close contact with an infected individual, primarily through airborne droplets.
The nature of a triathlon, as a solo activity, promotes social distancing. Close contact occurs during the non racing portion of the event, and as a result:
- All athletes are asked to wear a mask entering and leaving the venue and during the registration and check-in process.
- Only athletes will be allowed in the pool and transition area. Spectators will remain outside this area.
- Hand sanitizer with at least 70% isopropyl alcohol will be readily available at the venue and at multiple locations.
- Each swim wave will have no more than 16 swimmers at a time, each lane accommodating 2 swimmers starting at opposite ends.
- Transition area will be spaced so each bike is placed at least 6 feet apart.
- Post race food will be individually packaged.
- Participants are asked to physically distance and wear masks during any socialization.
- No formal award ceremony will take place. Results will be posted and awards will available at the Y for pickup as desired.
- Volunteers are required to wear a mask when interacting with athletes and each other.
- If athletes are solo or out on the course alone, no mask is required.
- Gloves will be provided if volunteers wish to wear them during participation.
- No spectators within pool fencing. They may watch from outside the pool area.