LEARN, GROW, THRIVE
As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job: we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community.
At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation’s most pressing social issues while also taking care of yourself: regularly scheduled employees enjoy complimentary facility usage and other program benefits. The YMCA is a great place to work, gain experience in your field of interest, meet new friends, and strengthen your community. Apply today to join our team and our cause.
The State College branch of the YMCA of Centre County is seeking a full-time Lifeguard Supervisor for shifts on evenings and weekends. The pay is hourly for approximately 40 hours per week.
Main Duties Include:
- Providing lifeguard service while on duty
- Supervision of lifeguards, instructors and program staff during shifts
- Enforcing facility schedule and rules with positive member interaction to provide superior customer service
- Assisting with facility maintenance
- Earning Pesticide Application Technician status within 90 days of hire to assure pool chemicals are managed in a safe, legal manner
- Must have current certification in Lifeguarding, CPR, first aid and AED from either American Red Cross or YMCA of the USA
- Oxygen administration and Lifeguard Instructor certification preferred
- At least one year of customer service
- Ability to obtain PA Criminal Record, PA Child Abuse History, FBI Clearances prior to first day of employment
Interested candidates can submit their resumes to the Aquatics Director Ray Carroll at [email protected] or call the branch at 814-237-7717 for more information.
Summer Camp Counselors
The State College Branch has an opening for friendly, motivated Summer Camp Counselors to fill all shifts. Counselors will work about 40 hours per week during summer camp season. Successful applicants will be required to obtain PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse History, and FBI Clearances. Please send inquiries, resumes, and cover letters to Kayla Nardi, Child Care Director, at [email protected] or call 814-237-7717 for more information.
Member Service Representatives
The State College Branch has an opening for friendly, motivated Member Service Representatives to fill all shifts (including mornings, weekends, and evenings). Candidates should be 18 years of age or older. Successful applicants will be required to obtain PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse History, and FBI Clearances. Please send inquiries, resumes, and cover letters to Cindy Lupton, Membership Director, at [email protected] or call 814-237-7717 for more information.
Water Fitness Instructor
The State College Branch has an opening for an energetic, motivated Water Fitness Instructor to teach classes on weekdays at various times. Previous experience teaching water fitness classes and a general water aerobics or water fitness certification are preferred but not required. Successful applicants will be required to obtain PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse History, and FBI Clearances. Please send inquiries, resumes, and cover letters to Lori Lange, Aquatics Coordinator, at [email protected] or call 814-237-7717 for more information.
The State College branch is currently seeking courteous, professional, and punctual lifeguards for weekday and weekend shifts. Starting rate of pay is $9.00 per hour. Requirements include a current lifeguard certification. Certification can be obtained through a YMCA of Centre County Lifeguard certification class. Candidates who complete a training in-house for the purpose of serving as a YMCA of Centre County Lifeguard will receive a full reimbursement for the cost of the certification. Successful candidates will also be required to obtain PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse History, and FBI Clearances. Interested candidates can submit their resumes to Ray Caroll, Aquatics Director – [email protected]
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of the YMCA to comply with all existing statutes, regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, as they relate to all employees and applicants for employment. The YMCA is committed to:
- Ensuring that recruiting, hiring and training for all job classifications are done without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.
- Ensuring that promotion decisions further the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Analyzing personnel actions periodically to promote Equal Employment Opportunity.