Bellefonte Branch History

The Bellefonte YMCA was established October 19, 1869 and was the third YMCA chartered in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Our existing facility was built in 1957 on the site that has been home to our YMCA since the early 1900s. While our facility is older and smaller than some YMCA’s, the YMCA spirit – the spirit of a strong community – generated from our programs is extraordinarily far reaching. The Bellefonte YMCA is an important “community crossroads,” a place where people come together in the spirit of fellowship to engage in positive programs, improve their lifestyles, and build a stronger community.

bellefonte_ymca