To date, we have trained a total of 6,653 adults in Stewards of Children
Stewards of Children is a prevention training program that teaches adults how to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. The program is designed for organizations that serve youth and for individuals concerned about the safety of children. It is the only nationally distributed, evidence based program proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes, and change child protective behaviors. Stewards of Children is a two hour workshop to emphasize child safety as an adult’s responsibility. Each participant will be inspired to take personal responsibility in preventing this epidemic.
Upcoming Trainings All trainings are FREE and open to the public.
Registration Required / Limited Enrollment
All trainings are FREE and open to the public. Registration Required / Limited Enrollment
This training is available to any group whether they are directly working with children or not. We want Centre County to be the safest environment for our children, today and tomorrow.
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults
- The signs of sexual abuse so that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly
- What Outcomes You Can Expect:
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse
- New skills to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan
For more information or to register for an upcoming training, contact:
Director of Community Outreach
For more information about Darkness to Light: http://www.darkness2light.org