Child Watch ALERT: No Child Watch during Spring Break week. March 3-March 10
For Ages 2 Months & Up
Ages 2 Months to 1 Year – 1 Hour Limit
Ages 1 Year & Up – 2 Hour Limit
Fall/Winter Schedule (begins September 6th)
Daytime child watch: Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM in Child Care Room.
Evening child watch: Monday – Thursday 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM in Child Care Room.
Saturday child watch: 9 AM – 12 PM in Child Care Room. No Saturday Child Watch during home Penn State football games.
Hours are subject to change.
Check Child Watch board for updates.
Please note the following:
**There will be no Saturday Child Watch on Penn State home football game days.
**There will be No AM or PM Child Watch when the State College School District has In-service Days, Early Dismissal or Snow Days.
**SCASD 2-hour delays follow normal hours.
There will be no Child Watch on home Penn State football days, blue-white game, SCASD In-Service days, SCASD snow days, or Saturdays in the summer. If SCASD school is delayed, there is still AM Child Watch.
State College Branch Child Watch Policies
- Child Watch is available to members who have children over the age of 2 months. If the child is under a year of age then they are permitted to use the program for an hour. If the child is over the age of 1 they can use the program for up to 2 hours.
- Child Watch staff are not permitted to do any diapering of a child.
- Child Watch staff can use their judgement to asses if a child is too distraught to utilize the service and if the child is too sick to utilize the service.
- There are volunteer opportunities to work in Child Watch during the day from 8:30-1:30…we can accept up to 2 volunteers and it is up to the volunteers to pick their availability.
- Hours are subject to change—watch babysitting board for updates.
- There is no daytime child watch on SCASD in-service days, or SCASD snow days
- There is no Saturday child watch on home Penn State football days
- Child watch hours may vary during holiday seasons. Please check the child watch board, or call the Y for more information.